Equine Services for Heroes
The Equine Services for Heroes Program at Courtney Cares offers a unique opportunity to develop a companion animal relationship with a horse, learn horsemanship, interact with other veterans, and participate in activities to improve physical and emotional well-being.
Each evening during the program, dinner will be served and a time for social connections and networking will be available.
The program is designed to assist and address:
- Horsemanship training
- Physical needs: improving balance and coordination
- Cognitive needs: improving memory and concentration
- Social needs: relationship refinement and connection development
- Emotional needs—such as PTSD, TBI, depression, and anxiety
This program is led by Courtney Cares staff members. Veterans are partnered with Parsons Mounted Cavalry (PMC) horses and veteran volunteers in a supportive community.
- Access the online client application here: https://www.tfaforms.com/4626573
- Fill out the application. Once you electronically sign your application and submit it, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your signature. Please be sure to follow the directions to confirm your signature.
- Download and print the Medical History/Physician Statement (PDF) and Proof of Military Service (PDF) below. Please return these forms, completed by your physician and yourself, on or before the date of your first session.