Equine Services for Heroes
The Equine Services for Heroes Program at Courtney Cares offers a unique opportunity to develop a companion animal relationship with a horse, learn horsemanship, interact with other veterans, and participate in activities to improve physical and emotional well-being.
Each evening during the program, dinner will be served and a time for social connections and networking will be available.
The program is designed to assist and address:
- Horsemanship training
- Physical needs: improving balance and coordination
- Cognitive needs: improving memory and concentration
- Social needs: relationship refinement and connection development
- Emotional needs—such as PTSD, TBI, depression, and anxiety
This program is led by Bob Byrns and other Courtney Cares staff members. Veterans are partnered with Parsons Mounted Cavalry (PMC) horses and veteran volunteers in a supportive community.
If you believe that our Equine Services for Heroes Program would be a good fit for you, please contact us by phone at 936.245.4489 or email at email@example.com. We currently have a waiting list for our services, so we encourage you to contact us prior to submitting an application.
- Access the online client application here: https://www.tfaforms.com/4626573
- Fill out the application. Once you electronically sign your application and submit it, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your signature. Please be sure to follow the directions to confirm your signature.
NOTE: If you do not confirm your signature, your form will not be considered complete and will not be sent to Courtney Cares.
- Download and print the Medical History/Physician Statement (PDF) and Proof of Military Service (PDF) below. Please return these forms, completed by your physician and yourself, on or before the date of your first session.
NOTE: If we do not receive your medical release forms by then, you will not be able to participate until they are received.